Today is a true gift from God! Happy Holidays to all.
I am making a New Year's Resolution to do better all the way around. Get my life back on track and take care of my needs and do things for me and what I enjoy. I want to say a special thank you to Diane for caring!
See you soon!
Monday, September 17, 2012
Sorry for the absence! It has been crazy moving, starting school and trying to get everything organized and still haven't gotten the internet connected yet. Who has the time? Not me! This school year sure is trying! Kids are almost out of control...I get them calmed down and another teacher comes to get them and I can hear them in the hallway, 3 pods down! Crazy!
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Hi everyone out there! I am working on discovery bottles and trying to get things going for getting packed up and organized for my move at the end of the month. Sure wish I had a magic wand at this moment! I will try and get some pics up of my try at discovery bottles! Out of ink right now so I it might be a while. Have a good day tomorrow and a blessed day!
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Also Happy Birthday to my Grand Nephew! What a miracle boy he has been! He finally got to have a true birthday party and he wasn't sure what to make of it. But he loved it!
Saturday, July 28, 2012
OH MY GOODNESS! Thank you so much Corinna for giving me a blog award. I feel so honored! Never did I dream I would be chosen! So I am going to try and do this right, but if I don't hang with me until I get it right!
Here are the guidelines for the "One Lovely Blog Award."
1. Follow the person who gave you the award.
2. Link back to the person that gave you the award.
3. Pass the award on to 15 new bloggers.
Ok, click on Teaching Fabulous Firsties and it will take you to her fantastic blog.
I am having a hard time finding bloggers without this award so I will have to keep trying! If you don't have it leave me a note and I will pass it on to you! Thanks for everything!
Kristin @ Teaching in a Nutshell
Judy @Teaching Little Apples
Kristin @ Teaching in a Nutshell
Judy @Teaching Little Apples
Friday, July 20, 2012
I joined my first blog hop(s) yesterday and it was such a great way to find some amazing bloggers out there! I am SOOO impressed with the way technology is linking teaches together to share ideas and knowledge!! So, I thought I would start a blog hop for people out there like myself who recently took the plunge and started blogging. We may need to help each other out a bit! I hope you link up and tell everyone:
1. what state you are in
2. your current teaching position
3. your teaching experience
4. when you started blogging
5. share a blogging tip / blogging resource
1. I'm in California
2. I currently teach third grade...and lovin' it!
3. I taught first grade for 14 years and just finished my second year of teaching third
4. I just started blogging this July
5. Experienced bloggers are extremely ANNOYED by the "leave a comment word verifiers"! Turn them off! You can learn how here:
1. I am in Texas
2. Currently teaching Special Education 5th and 6th grade Resource
3. This is my 6th year of teaching
4. Just started blogging in July of 2012
5. I am so sorry, I have no smarties here, still trying to learn. Have used Ladybug teaching files and blog baby blog.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Got this from and I hope she forgives me if I have done anything wrong! Loved it so I wanted to share!
How Do You Know You're A Teacher?
by Jeff Foxworthy
- You get a secret thrill out of laminating things.
- You can hear 25 voices behind you and know exactly which one belongs to the child out of line.
- You walk into a store and hear the words, “It’s Ms./Mr. ____________ "and know you have been spotted.
- You have 25 people who accidentally call you Mom/Dad at one time or another.
- You can eat a multi-course meal in under 25 minutes.
- You’ve trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of the day, lunch and planning period.
- You start saving other people’s trash, because most likely, you can use that toilet paper tube or plastic butter tub for something in the classroom.
- You believe the Teacher’s Lounge should be equipped with a margarita machine.
- You want to slap the next person who says, “Must be nice to work 7 to 3 and have summers off”.
- You believe chocolate is a food group.
- You can tell if it’s a full moon without ever looking outside.
- You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says, “Boy, the kids are sure mellow today.”
- You feel the urge to talk to strange children and correct their behavior when you are out in public.
- You believe in aerial spraying of Ritalin.
- You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.
- You spend more money on school stuff than you do on your own children.
- You can’t pass the school supply aisle without getting at least 5 items!
- You ask your friends to use their words and explain if the left hand turn he made was a “good choice” or “bad choice.”
- You find true beauty in a can full of perfectly sharpened pencils.
- You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer.
- You understand, instantaneously, why a child behaves in a certain way after meeting his/her parents.
I so wish I could figure out how to post the cute buttons to send you to the web page. I guess I will have to keep listening and reading to see if I can figure it out. No matter who I ask they say go to Ladybug teaching files...and I do...all the time...I guess I am just a little special in my own way and can't figure it out. One day my little light will shine! I will figure all this out! I made a center today but I need to sit on it for a bit and see if it makes sense. I understand it, but will the students? After I figure it out, I will post it and maybe someone can give me ideas. Except I don't think any one will read it because I don't have any followers yet. But we shall see!
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Well I guess the 4th is officially over. Where is this summer going? Once again I had huge plans for this summer and yet another let down. But that is okay ~ still a little time left to pick up the pieces and begin some fun. Gottas: GO TO THE BEACH!! And of course my annual trip to the river with the boys! Get my white pasty self looking not looking vampirie..are these really made up words? Yep, I do that, Jana Lingo, and apparently I am the only one that understands the Jana Lingo. But that is okay, I live in my own little world.